Please explain the procedure for my child to attend an Osaka municipal elementary or junior high school outside our school district.

In Osaka City, school districts are established by address, so that students normally attend a municipal elementary or junior high school in the district of their residence.  It is possible, however, to choose to attend schools outside your district (with the exception of students in grades admitted before the introduction of the free choice system, and students living in some elementary and junior high school districts in Ikuno Ward.)

Basically, students go to the school in their school district, but if there is a specific reason, they may apply to enroll in a school other than the designated one (application for change of designated school).  If the Ward Director approves the application, the student will be able to enroll in the desired school.

◆ Please inquire the department responsible at the ward office of your residence for details.


News by Category

Banner Ads