The procedure for admission to an Osaka municipal elementary or junior high school is as follows:
Elementary school: children completing 6 years of age by April 1 of the year
Junior high school: children expected to graduate from elementary school
Please note that items (1) to (3) and (5) apply only to wards adopting the free choice system allowing applicants to choose the school.
(1) Around early September, the ward office will send you a guide of schools and a questionnaire as to the desired school.
(2) The parent should return the questionnaire to the ward office by the end of October (may differ depending on the year).
(3) If the number of applicants wishing to enter a school exceeds the school’s capacity, a draw will be organized early in December.
(4) Applicants will receive notice of admission late in December.
(5) By mid-February, additional draws will be organized to elect applicants from the reserves list.
(6) At the time of admission in April, the parent and child will go to the designated school, bringing with them the notification of admission.
(7) The entrance ceremony will be held early in April. The school will send information on the details, including exact date and time of the ceremony.
(8) If you do not receive a notification of admission, or if you intend to put your child in a national or private school, please consult with the group in charge of school enrollment at the ward office of your residence.
◆ For details please refer to.
※ If you live outside Osaka City, please inquire at the municipal/ward office of your residence for details.